Search the forum,

Discuss wrong tile colour, damaged ufh, who pays for engineer to fix? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

james hailwood

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I arrived 8am saturday morning couldn't get intouch with client till 10 so setup etc. He then and told me which tiles were going where. Then he arrived at around 1pm and said theyve sent wrong ones

J

J Sid

so your saying the right tiles were delivered but he changed his mine on colour after seeing them?

T

Tile Shop

He then and told me which tiles were going where.

How could he if he didn't have the correct tiles there? If they've said "I want that one, over there", and just pointed at a pile of tiles, then the customer has agreed for you to continue with what you have. But if he's told you [as an example] black, but then you see white tiles, surely it should be clarified?

There is no right or wrong answer, only opinion, and this is mine. If you feel that you should take absolutely no responsibility or blame for whats happened, bill your customer for your time and let them and the supplier argue it out over who pays.

Ok so the supplier got it wrong and held their hands up, but they should be given the opportunity to rectify the problem before its fitted, not after everyone has wasted hours fixing something that could have been checked in less than 10 seconds.

I really hate the way, mainly the customer but on the odd occasion the tiler, take no responsibility for what they are purchasing/fixing. Not saying its your fault but it was a very simple mistake that if everyone did their bit could have been easily spotted, and wouldn't have turned into this cluster f-bomb you find yourself in now.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would never fix a tile untill the customer has agreed all is present and correct.
Going back to the UFH damage...as soon as you agree to do a repaire then you have a duty of care clause....meaning if you brake it you pay for.....would your PLI not cover the damage?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Personally, if you did it, then you should fix it.
Fare enough, tiles were wrong, not your fault, probably the tile shop , but you damaged the wire not the shop, I know it wouldn't of happened if the tiles were right , but I would just hold my hand up and pay what you said you would , could cost you work on the long run, how mush will it cost you to fix £100 ??

O

One Day

Your frustration is making you feel that the damage wouldn't have happened, had the colour been right first time, but the fact is that you damaged the ufh so you're liable. It seems unfair and maybe it is.
I feel your frustration, I've been there myself, but the tools were in your hands, not the tile suppliers.

Reply to wrong tile colour, damaged ufh, who pays for engineer to fix? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen