Search the forum,

Discuss would like some advice please guys in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mike111

I have put some new plasterboard up in the shower area and have a leg kit for the stone shower tray which is fitted and i levelled the tray and sorted the waste but not fixed to floor yet.
I have the bal tanking kit/bal single part flex/bal microflex grout/solid bed trowel.
This is where i need some advice with the correct method, there are some ceramic screw heads in the plasterboard,do these need filling if so what with,should i
(1) tank down past the tray and tape the corner
(2) silocone around the tray before fixing in place
(3) tile the area
(4) fit cubicle
(5) silocone corner and along the shower tray again and around cubicle

or should i fit a sealux trim and tank the walls/tile/fit cubicle/silocone corner and cubicle

please give me some advice guys mike

W

wetdec

Hi

To get a 100% tank you would need to seal the floor as well or use a membrane down over tray seals which is the easiest and most secure.

Tiler

M

mike111

thanks wetdecs . is there anyone with more advice on the correct method of sealing a raised shower tray using the bal tanking kit

Reply to would like some advice please guys in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, first time posting. I’m in the middle of tiling my own bathroom, first time having a go at...
Replies
Views
Hi, first time I’m posting 👋🏽 I’m after some advice please. Is this area going to need...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen