Search the forum,

Discuss World Cup Winners Numbers Theory.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, who won in 1950 then?
Uruguay was it?

THIS guy has another theory

World Cup Theory in Detail

My World Cup theory is made up of two elements;

1) The only team that ever wins the World Cup is either a previous winner, or else the host wins it. Out of 18 previous competitions 12 have been won by a previous winner. On six occasions the World Cup has been won the host nation. You have to go back to the 1958 World Cup in Sweden to find an occasion when the World Cup was won by a country that had not won it before and was not the host nation. That was Brazil. In fact the only other time that this happened was in 1954 when West Germany won the World Cup final in Switzerland. Not home for the Germans but not a million miles away either - which takes me to the second element of my theory;

2) The first part of my theory states that there can be only eight possible winners; the seven previous winners and South Africa the host. I simply cannot see South Africa winning the competition in 2010 so that only leaves the seven previous winners. Of those only one country has ever won the World Cup outside of it's own continent. Brazil has won the World Cup on three occasions in the Americas, once in Europe and once in Asia. Next up is Africa.

So in summary, A country can only win the World Cup if it has won it before or is the host nation, and the only team that has ever won the World Cup outside of it's own continent is Brazil. South Africa aren't going to win it so that leaves Brazil as the only possible winners of the 2010 World Cup. Remember where you heard it first.

C

Colour Republic

Perhaps it only works with years the world cup actually runs?

Maybe there's a magic number for the Euro thingy that was on in 2008 and will be in 2012? (If I'm right on when that's on?! - not into footy)

It was on:lol: France won it.... in France!

Reply to World Cup Winners Numbers Theory.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen