Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss World Cup Winners Numbers Theory.... in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Is the Football World Cup determined by numbers?

1. Brazil won the World Cup in 1994; before that they also won in 1970. Add 1970+1994= 3964

2. Argentina won its last World Cup in 1986; before that they also won in 1978. Add 1978+1986= 3964

3. Germany won its last World Cup in 1990; before that they also won in 1974. Add 1974+1990= 3964

4. Brazil also won the World Cup in 2002; before that they also won in 1962. Add 1962+2002= 3964

5. Therefore if you want to know what nation is going to win the World Cup in 2010, you only have to subtract 2010 from the magic number that we have determined: 3964.
3964-2010 = 1954...

In 1954, the World Cup was won by Germany !!!:yikes:

U

user123

Did you work that out yourself Kev, or what?? Whoever did must have been somebody very strange... :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
On that logic we should have won in 1998:mad2:

Perhaps it only works with years the world cup actually runs?

Maybe there's a magic number for the Euro thingy that was on in 2008 and will be in 2012? (If I'm right on when that's on?! - not into footy)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, who won in 1950 then?
Uruguay was it?

THIS guy has another theory

World Cup Theory in Detail

My World Cup theory is made up of two elements;

1) The only team that ever wins the World Cup is either a previous winner, or else the host wins it. Out of 18 previous competitions 12 have been won by a previous winner. On six occasions the World Cup has been won the host nation. You have to go back to the 1958 World Cup in Sweden to find an occasion when the World Cup was won by a country that had not won it before and was not the host nation. That was Brazil. In fact the only other time that this happened was in 1954 when West Germany won the World Cup final in Switzerland. Not home for the Germans but not a million miles away either - which takes me to the second element of my theory;

2) The first part of my theory states that there can be only eight possible winners; the seven previous winners and South Africa the host. I simply cannot see South Africa winning the competition in 2010 so that only leaves the seven previous winners. Of those only one country has ever won the World Cup outside of it's own continent. Brazil has won the World Cup on three occasions in the Americas, once in Europe and once in Asia. Next up is Africa.

So in summary, A country can only win the World Cup if it has won it before or is the host nation, and the only team that has ever won the World Cup outside of it's own continent is Brazil. South Africa aren't going to win it so that leaves Brazil as the only possible winners of the 2010 World Cup. Remember where you heard it first.

C

Colour Republic

Perhaps it only works with years the world cup actually runs?

Maybe there's a magic number for the Euro thingy that was on in 2008 and will be in 2012? (If I'm right on when that's on?! - not into footy)

It was on:lol: France won it.... in France!

Reply to World Cup Winners Numbers Theory.... in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks