Search the forum,

Discuss Wood effect tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

shero

Hi this is my first post, hope somebody can help me! Im tiling a friends kitchen floor this w/end, my first Job. He wants to put wood effect tiles down. My question is what grout should be used? any comments would be appreciated!:yes: Cheers Shero.

M

myhometiling

welcome 2 the forums

we would need to no what type of tile, what they are been layed
onto wood or concrete etc. the more imformation the better..

calvy...

S

shero

ye sorry, they are large format ceramic, laminate wood effect floor tiles and they are to be laid a concrete floor. Thanks!

G

grumpygrouter

ye sorry, they are large format ceramic, laminate wood effect floor tiles and they are to be laid a concrete floor. Thanks!
Pretty much anything that is not tubbed, in that case. Personally would use single part flexy as that is what I always carry but that is just me.

Grumpy

D

DHTiling

Try using a grout as near to the tiles colour as possible this way the joints won't stand out as much and it will look more realistic.....:thumbsup:

D

davy_G

I have done two jobs in the last week with dark brown tiles with woodgrain on them. One was a large floor 30m2 with 600x600 tiles. The client had ivory grout.

The other job was a bathroom floor and around a shower with similar but smaller tiles, beige grout was used on both.

Initial thoughts where the grout was going to be too light in colour but it looked a treat when finished and really highlighted the grain in the tiles.

For floors i still would go with grey or dark brown if it was my own simply to reduce effects of dirt and grime over time.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If its the kind of wood effect tiles that come from Topps...............??

Bal used to do a nice poo brown grout............but they discontinued that for micro colour..........

and that brown is more chuffing orange than poo brown:whatchutalkingabout

P

Pawelzik

davy G: For floors i still would go with grey or dark brown if it was my own simply to reduce effects of dirt and grime over time.

Confirmed, same in Germany. Or silvergrey. Martin

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Minimum 3mm and let the customer decide on the colour, you don't want to suggest something that later the customer wishes they didn't agree to. ;)

Though feel free to tell them what colours are available.

P

Proper Job

First of all any large format tile should be fixed with single part Flexi adhesive if tiling on to a wood floor base i would go for a 2 part flexi adhesive for tile sizes above 600mm x 600mm even when plywood or hybrid board is used. I have come across two types of Wood effect tiles small pieces and large plank sizes oh and the topps tiles 13" square. Regarding the grout always tell the customer to choose the colour there is no right or wrong colour in there eyes. But dark colour grouts are better on floors in most cases unless you seal the floor afterwards take a look terrazo laid in shopping centres white grout is used never gets dirty because its sealed. Epoxy grout is about the best and its very easy to clean and stays top notch over time even the colour white.

Reply to Wood effect tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen