Search the forum,

Discuss Will my tiles crack? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

CroSimon

Hi everybody

I have recently completed an outdoor tile job in Croatia. Due to time and weather constraints I was unable to completely level the slab on which i laid the tiles. Therefor to keep it level I have made up the height difference in some places by adding some extra tile glue where needed (up to 15mm).
I have now just finished grouting the tiles and when i did it not completely dry (glue was set but there was some water between the tiles)
I am worried that I may have trapped some of the water under the tiles (at a temp of about 8 degs) and the tiles are going to be exposed to direct sunlight in 35 degs in summer. (tiles are 300x300x5mm)
What is the likelihood that these tiles are going to crack in summer.
Is there anything at this stage I can do to prevent it happening?

Thanks

Simon

C

charlie1

I would have thought the trapped water would be more of an issue in the winter. What's between the tiles mate, grout or water... Don't quite follow?

C

CroSimon

There is grout between the tiles but when I was putting it in I'm quite sure I trapped some water that hadn't dried under the tiles. It's not in a climate where it will ever freeze but it will get exposed to a lot of direct sunlight.

C

CroSimon

I travel a lot. I have my own handyman business in Melbourne and travel Europe working in hostels for accommodation and sometimes a little cash. Did 7 countries in 5 months last year and paid for 7 nights accom.

C

CroSimon

Grew up out eastern suburbs but spent the last few years in Elwood, brighton and south yarra.

Reply to Will my tiles crack? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen