Search the forum,

Discuss White marks on tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest what these white marks could be. The tiles are anti slip porcelain, the marks appeared about a week after they were laid. Since then they have been cleaned again with LTP grimex, and again within a week they have come back.

Attachments

• bathroom floor (1).jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Bathroom floor (2) (2).jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 64
R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

whater stains held on the surface by the none slip get the client to wipe the floor clean and dry after using shower .wipe them with dilotede descaler should clean them off

Reaction score
I dont actually know what sealer was used probably LTP matt stone, which is a impregnater. And the house owner say's there seems to be more white marks than before they were cleaned with grimex, and sealed.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

I dont actually know what sealer was used probably LTP matt stone, which is a impregnater. And the house owner say's there seems to be more white marks than before they were cleaned with grimex, and sealed.
could be the seal not cleaned off the surface aloud to dry now the water from the shower is is causing it to bloom to check this get boiling water from a kettle and pour on a patch were the marks are and see if it blooms more if it does you will have to remove the seal l

M

Mr Tiler

sorry ray would that be pouring and then waiting for it to dry out or should it bring up the marks straight away? cheers

Reply to White marks on tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen