Search the forum,

Discuss Which style??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cacran

I have got some white tiles which are 235mmx 350mm. My shower room is very small. I want it to look bigger and thought that the tiles may be better sideways on, to give a more spacious effect. I thought pehaps doing them brick style. My husband and I can't make up our minds, he wants one, I want the other. What are your views and is it any more difficult doing brick style?

G

GazTech

Hi cacran,
Brick bond is more difficult if walls or tiles aren't straight. Turning the tiles sideways or 'landscape' can create an illusion of the room being bigger, and is a good way of making a room feel less cluttered....Gaz

D

DHTiling

Also brickbond is quite a dominent pattern where as landscape ( side on straight bond ) as gazza sez can make it look bigger.....and is easier to do.......:grin:

W

White Room

Brick bond you will need very flat walls, Because of the bond any curve in the wall could cause lipping. Brick is very popular at the moment

Must learn to be quicker than Dave and Gaz:grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazTech

Brick bond you will need very flat walls, Because of the bond any curve in the wall could cause lipping. Brick is very popular at the moment
I find that the trend is swaying away from broken or brick style to straight landscape fashion, with floor to ceiling border detail.....Gaz

D

DHTiling

I find that the trend is swaying away from broken or brick style to straight landscape fashion, with floor to ceiling border detail.....Gaz

I second that...99% of bathrooms i do is in landscape and a kitchen floor today was done in 600x300 landscape......brickbond is deffo on the way out AGAIN!!!...:grin:

W

White Room

I've tried telling the customer but they seem to want brick bond, I know what you mean

G

GazTech

Each style has it's own appeal, let us not forget that the style changes but the customers remain the same......:grin:

C

cacran

Hey, thanks for all that. We have made up our minds now. No brick but landscape with a dado type border. You have been a big help.:hurray:

G

GazTech

Hey, thanks for all that. We have made up our minds now. No brick but landscape with a dado type border. You have been a big help.:hurray:
No problem, please post some before and after pictures.....we like piccies...Gaz :thumbsup:

Reply to Which style??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen