Search the forum,

Discuss What's the best cordless angle grinder in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

mike1979

I use a ryobi plus1 I bought it without the battery as I use two ryobi drills that came with two batteries I bought the grinder for 60quid had it for a while and it's fantastic best buy Ive ever had I use it daily for sockets and bits in kitchens as it's quicker than setting up a mains powered

S

Stef

Switch it on and horrible burning smell

Jonny that doesn't sound like the brushes.
If the brushes are worn & don't connect then there won't be a kick out of it.
Pop them out & you will see how much they are worn & take it from there.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Burning deffos not a good sign.Take it back to place it was purchased.You should get a lot longer than 9 months work out of it.Personally i think the dust does loads of damage to the grinders and as Radim said ,compressed air gun every now and again should help the life of the grinder.:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

Burning deffos not a good sign.Take it back to place it was purchased.You should get a lot longer than 9 months work out of it.Personally i think the dust does loads of damage to the grinders and as Radim said ,compressed air gun every now and again should help the life of the grinder.:thumbsup:

When i do any maintenance on grinders, drills or wet saws, the 1st thing I do is blow around the motor with compressed air. Its amaing how much comes out, cant be good for it at all.

Reaction score
I have three makita 18v cutters, ( keep putting them down and then not being near one, three works great for me and helper! ) had a few small probs ,but soon repaired under warranty . though i now fancy a variable speed one now, any ideas if there is a cordless variable speed model out there ???? and also i only cut mosaic mostly........

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 109

Reply to What's the best cordless angle grinder in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen