Search the forum,

Discuss What was your very first tiling project ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

White Room

I was 19 and doing maintenance thing at a small factory and they wanted the ladies and gents powder rooms fully tiled:yikes:. Was sent round to the shop where the tiles where being purchased and gave me a run down on what to do, the factory is still there, would love find out if there still on the walls, probably make gringe if they where.

33 years ago

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brian c

first paid tiling job was a 5m2 bathroom floor which had to be plyed out first..absolutely bricking it at the time...lol:thumbsup:

M

MelonStrings

I'm doing it right now!!!

Only a 12m2 area (half of a large bathroom) but daunting for my first job!!... Maybe I'll look at the posts you guys have made in years to come and think "what the hell have I done!!!"....

Cheers,
Melon.

B

brian c

I'm doing it right now!!!

Only a 12m2 area (half of a large bathroom) but daunting for my first job!!... Maybe I'll look at the posts you guys have made in years to come and think "what the hell have I done!!!"....

Cheers,
Melon.
if advice or help is needed then just ask,dont try and be a hero if you are unsure of anything as there is always someone online who can help you.:thumbsup:happy tiling.

D

Deleted member 9966

kitchen floor in my current house, 3 weeks before Christmas... I was "allowed" to fix 2 tiles myself.... :ninja:

M

MelonStrings

if advice or help is needed then just ask,dont try and be a hero if you are unsure of anything as there is always someone online who can help you.:thumbsup:happy tiling.

Cheers Brian!!

I don't like wasting peoples time so I try to research everything I can first... and then move on to the questions.... I'm sure all of my questions must have been answered a thousand times, I know you guys always give the best answers you can, but I don't want to annoy you all!!

Maybe jobs 2 and 3 will challenge you all a little more!!

Cheers,
Melon.

T

Time's Ran Out

Using sawdust to wipe the sand/cement grout off the surface of floor tiles at a service station on the A30 Ringwood Road in Dorset Circa 1973. Used to go down to the New Forest each weekend from London to learn the trade!
Lost a girlfriend but found a New Love:drool5: Tiling.
Timeless John.

PS. This is going in Chapter 1 of my memoirs.

H

Hawkofeagles

My first project was my kitchen floor and splash back 8 years ago, and it still looks as good now as it did when it was done. :thumbsup:

F

faithhealer

Two bathroom walls, arrived to find she had re-chosen small 'brick' tiles, took me three days! Since worked for her several times, must have done something right

Reply to What was your very first tiling project ? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

As stated we love seeing your DIY stuff! Take a couple of photos and show off your project...
Replies
Views
Morning Everyone! It is Easter this weekend and a lot of the kids are already off! Have you...
Replies
Views
Hi any advice on what would go with what. I've layed off white tiles on floor with grey...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Hope you are well. I want to learn how to tile and do a fairly basic bit of...
Replies
Views
Grouting my shower walls in a few days. I tried to do everything by the book, which I did. Water...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen