Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss What the previous guy did in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As I said most people don't know what they are doing. So they look on this site and think It may be correct even when its not.
if people dont know what they are doing then its best to get someone who does,like i said ive done it numerous times without any problems,ive heard it many times of customers that someone has told them it cant be done

H

hmtiling

Sounds very good stuff but not if the tiles are are not fit to be tiled over
740029_Mystic_Meg_459b4a3486a4b8b869ded70c64122b56.gif

Reaction score
Brian!?
I’m all for tilers taking their own risks when they deem necessary ...... but if you are tiling over tile without having heard of prim grip then I’m sorry, you are endangering lives - simple as.!
If you sleep at night tiling over tile that’s your bag, if you sleep at night tiling over tile without the appropriate materials that’s another thing!!

And before you come back with - I’ve done it loads times with no issues.
You have been lucky and some of your jobs may be one slam of a door away from disaster.!

Please stop and learn from the people who are telling you it’s not a good practice and don’t risk the life of someone in a bath because it’ll save you a day prepping properly

Reaction score
The last bathroom I did was alreadty tiled and the customer asked if I would tile over the top, (they were happy for me to do that!) but I didn't want to take a chance.
Turns out, there were already two layers of tile, the second was well stuck to the first but the first layer came off in sheets, there was more grout stuck to the plastered walls than adhesive, and there wasn't much of that!

F

Flintstone

I would never ever tile on existing walls tiles! Floor tiles, yes under certain circumstances but I would rather not

Reply to What the previous guy did in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks