Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss What end for the cut? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jackson

Hi

Basic question for the experts. I am about to tile my bathroom and I am not sure if the tile I need to cut should be the one at the top or the one at the bottom.:huh2: I have measured the wall and I need to cut one of the tiles to fit.

Cheers

Jackson

D

DHTiling

It really depends on what size cuts you get else where as well..i.e.,,,around the bath/ window /door-frame etc...so not as simple as starting full tile from the floor, which also might not be level...Take time to set out and work out the cuts to all obstacles........

F

Fekin

Is it really this simple though jackson ?, like is it just one single blank wall to tile, nothing else on this wall, as anything like a sink or window, doorway etc etc, will really decide your marking out and cuts.

If though it is just one blank wall your tiling then it's down to personal choice really if either way the cuts are a decent size and not slithers.

Edit...Dave beat me to it :thumbsup:

J

jackson

Hi

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am lucky in that it is three walls at the bath only(the two ends and the length of the bath) I plan to tile from the top of the bath to the ceiling and other than a small vent I have nothing to tile round.:grin: The tile is 14" and I will cut 4" off to fit . Clay, would a five inch cut top and bottom look ok given the rest of the tiles are 14 inches?

Cheers

Jackson

Y

Yorkie

Jackson, if its a case of either taking 4 inch of 1 tile or having 2 lots of 5 inch cuts top and bottom I would opt for the first scenario as its less work cutting one row and in my opinion would look better anyhow. Personally I would place cut at the bottom for two reasons, firstly its away from line of sight and secondly it will be easier for you to do.

J

jackson

Hi

Thats what I was thinking one cut at the bottom would be best. Thanks for the prompt response.

Cheers

Jackson

Reply to What end for the cut? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks