Discuss What do you use to mark your tiles for cuts... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

woodie

All depends on what tiles i'm using, stone and matt tiles i use pencil, on porcelain or glossy tiles i use felts, i'll have to look in to that ceramic marker from topps and give it a try..Mike:yes:

D

DHTiling

China pencils..no body use them.?..they dont wash off on the wet cutter...

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Leatherface

I usually use pencils !!

BEWARE - pencil marks can be almost IMPOSSIBLE to remove from some light coloured polished porcelain tiles !!!!!

R

Rad2474

China pencil but as wivers said blood will do, expelled a bit of that recently ripped bathroom out cheek to the wife etc...

R

ryanbrown

For wet saws i draw a line and stick insulation tape alongside it. Sometimes you forget which end of tape is the line though lol.

If your cutting a straight line all the way through a tile with no angle, then you you dont even need to draw a line - just a dot on one end - put that dot under the saw and get the guide snapped on.

H

Home Tiler

I've used a 6" nail ....(when i've lost my pencil)...and to be honest i think i prefer the nail now!!

Steve

H

hillhead

2H,3H and 4H pencils,for glazed i use china markers which are fab even running through my sigma 10M water saw.

H

hillhead

i do dave,just like that one in pic,brilliant,gave some to some tiler mates too,they were very impressed.i bought then online with aload of other pencils last year

P

penno

Good tip, I'll try them. Trying to use a chinagraph pencil at present, doesn't seem to like damp tiles though!

Grumpy

Chinagraph's are a pain in the arse. One bit of wet and forget it, tiles have to be dryer than a dry thing on a dry day for chinas to work.

Reply to What do you use to mark your tiles for cuts... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks