Search the forum,

Discuss Weird marks —- help! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had my kitchen tiles about 10 days ago, using white marble effect 600x 600 tiles, we have electric UFH. I waited 7 days to properly turn it on. But last night I notice a couple of tiles have a shadow appearing, some are like a 4cm / 6cm oval shape but the largest as the pics attached.

it can’t be a leak as there is no pipes running in the floor as they are in ceiling.

I don’t know what it is, will they go or will I have to break out the effected tiles?
921195CB-0D6C-4973-9D7C-1B1119E983B0.jpeg

08316AFC-3C67-4F4A-9E4F-21D0D32C0C2B.jpeg

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Are the tiles ceramic or porcalin
[automerge]1605911186[/automerge]
i ment porcalain ;)
[automerge]1605911358[/automerge]
porcelain.... Got it right in the end

Last edited:

Turbz

-
Reaction score
I would not think that Grey adhesive would matter, as you would see it on every tile.
They are porcelain so the grey should not seep through in clumps. Does the stains only show when you put the heating on? There could be a fault on the tile but in these situations nobody wants to take the responsibility. As above keep us informed
[automerge]1605988203[/automerge]
On taking them up , hopefully the matting has been self levelled over 🤞otherwise you might struggle getting the tiles up without damaging the wiring

Turbz

-
Reaction score
There is a similar thread somewhere on here which shows the exact same problem, and I’m pretty sure they are the same tile

Reaction score
I’m hoping it will go away over time.. I’ve never seen an issue like this and it’s weird as it’s not every tile.

I might have to live with the shadows as taking up all the tiles would be a really big blow and the money involved.

Reply to Weird marks —- help! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen