Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Weird marks —- help! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

I had my kitchen tiles about 10 days ago, using white marble effect 600x 600 tiles, we have electric UFH. I waited 7 days to properly turn it on. But last night I notice a couple of tiles have a shadow appearing, some are like a 4cm / 6cm oval shape but the largest as the pics attached.

it can’t be a leak as there is no pipes running in the floor as they are in ceiling.

I don’t know what it is, will they go or will I have to break out the effected tiles?
921195CB-0D6C-4973-9D7C-1B1119E983B0.jpeg

08316AFC-3C67-4F4A-9E4F-21D0D32C0C2B.jpeg

bsc ceramics

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Are the tiles ceramic or porcalin
[automerge]1605911186[/automerge]
i ment porcalain ;)
[automerge]1605911358[/automerge]
porcelain.... Got it right in the end

Last edited:
OP
S
Reaction score
tough one without looking, best bet is to leave it for a few days and see what happens, but do let us know..

the supplier of the tile has told me we should of used white https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ rather than grey, that’s why it’s staining.

Turbz

-
Reaction score
I would not think that Grey https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ would matter, as you would see it on every tile.
They are porcelain so the grey should not seep through in clumps. Does the stains only show when you put the heating on? There could be a fault on the tile but in these situations nobody wants to take the responsibility. As above keep us informed
[automerge]1605988203[/automerge]
On taking them up , hopefully the matting has been self levelled over 🤞otherwise you might struggle getting the tiles up without damaging the wiring

bsc ceramics

TF
Arms
Reaction score
the supplier of the tile has told me we should of used white https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ rather than grey, that’s why it’s staining.
Your supplier is deflecting its porcelain gray is fine but it could be a defect in the the tile,
if its a porcelain faced tile

Turbz

-
Reaction score
There is a similar thread somewhere on here which shows the exact same problem, and I’m pretty sure they are the same tile

OP
S
Reaction score
I’m hoping it will go away over time.. I’ve never seen an issue like this and it’s weird as it’s not every tile.

I might have to live with the shadows as taking up all the tiles would be a really big blow and the money involved.

Reply to Weird marks —- help! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock