Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Weber set plus suitable with underfloor heating or not? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
You any relation to lugi. ..?

T

Tile Shop

I didn't say it should be added AD250 to the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ if your going on sand & cement screed

No, you didn't, but that is now Webers Stance on it, hence why they are going to all the trouble to amend the packaging. Underfloor Heating = AD250. End of! And it's causing a lot of very squeaky bottoms of tilers who have used this product in the past, on underfloor heating, without an additive.

you posted the spec & circled suitable for heated floors, so were's it mis-leading
Apologies if I have and please point it out if I've missed something, but the way you were coming across is that you think the way it was originally written, was not misleading? When you see "Suitable for underfloor heating" as a USP, and only a flitting instruction on the back of the bag to use an additive over heated timber substrates, what does that say to you? to me, at the very least, it screams "On anything, not timber, Weberset Plus can be used on underfloor heating, straight from the bag". If I was to pick up a bag, why would I be in any doubt or have to look at a datasheet with such a black and white statement?

Reaction score
Okay I see that point but not wishing to put the cat amongst the pigeons they could turn round and say & god forbid they better not after the coating I've just took ,why didndi you fit anti-facture mat to stop this possibly happening

Reaction score
Sorry Paul but you've answered that question yourself as Ronseal say in the advert it does what it says on the tin & because if you've done what it's stating on the bag it falls back on weber's toes

Reaction score
If this is the case & I will have a look later I'm going to the suppliers tonight on the back of the bags which we are talking about & like an anorak photo it.
I will if I get any comebacks on any of the work I have done on UFH with Weber set plus than I will talk to the technical department & quote them what it states on their own technical data 11-025 on line

T

Tile Shop

only if you still have the old bag or photo of said bag

Would be handy, but doubt very much you'd need it. Proof of purchase and Weber chemists testing a sample should be enough to prove it's theirs. Think the whole reason we're having this conversation underlines that somewhere along the line, Weber acknowledges their product is not suitable on its own, for heated floors despite their instructions stating only timber floors need the additive.

A public reassurance from them that they will cover any failures wouldn't go amiss though? Considering the advice they give on their website, even a week of the thread being live, still shows the incorrect information (datasheet from 2016).

They can't be too worried.

I

Italy

also nolimits on the front says
suitable for iron, but behind says to use a primer
appropriate...

Reaction score
Weber,Bal, Ardex or the many more https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ manufacturers who supply us mere mortals with their products if they wish to defect anything misgiving within the products they will

Reply to Weber set plus suitable with underfloor heating or not? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock