Discuss Weber price Hike in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
not seen this posted on here, so thought id ask your thoughts.

Got another price increase from supplier passed on from Weber upping its prices..

White SPF is now pushing £19.00 !
Before the increase I was paying 15.56 per bag..
So obviously I have to up my 'quotation' cost!

D

Dougs Third Go

my supplier's hiking up the price of Tilemaster too, paying about £23 for a bag of white spf..

W

White Room

my supplier's hiking up the price of Tilemaster too, paying about £23 for a bag of white spf..

I was paying £12 a bag Setaflex last year, they now have Norcross because of a threat of an increase.

Moved to the arms, don't want the punters knowing what your paying.

O

On one

It hasn't taken long for some suppliers to cotton on to the upturn in business,now has it?

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
That's why I stock up on the offers, but sometimes I get caught out because they run out of stock. I've ended up paying nearly £23 for a bag of Ardex microtec which is supposed to be lighter and fluffier than the £14 bag of normal white spf.

I try and base my quote on £20 for a 20k bag of addy (white or grey). Well that's what I charge my customers.

So I always keep my eyes open for CTD trade days etc. With the taking over of Tile Depot I wonder how long it will take for the switch over?

W

White Room

That's why I stock up on the offers, but sometimes I get caught out because they run out of stock. I've ended up paying nearly £23 for a bag of Ardex microtec which is supposed to be lighter and fluffier than the £14 bag of normal white spf.

I try and base my quote on £20 for a 20k bag of addy (white or grey). Well that's what I charge my customers.

So I always keep my eyes open for CTD trade days etc. With the taking over of Tile Depot I wonder how long it will take for the switch over?

Checked the Tile Depot in Watford, it seems to be more a share scheme rather than a full takeover.

S

Spare Tool

My local tile shop pushed the webber spf white up to £19 a bag too recently, when questioned they pointed out that it retails at going on £30 a bag...scandalous.
On a decent size floor that £60- £100 difference could be the difference between winning or loosing a job, even with the extra bodywarmer and t-shirt points still aint worth it...
Tilemaster for me from now on.

S

Sean SML Tiling

I've been using the ultra too. 11.75 for white flex. Great adhesive at a good price.

Reaction score
My local tile shop pushed the webber spf white up to £19 a bag too recently, when questioned they pointed out that it retails at going on £30 a bag...scandalous.
On a decent size floor that £60- £100 difference could be the difference between winning or loosing a job, even with the extra bodywarmer and t-shirt points still aint worth it...
Tilemaster for me from now on.

I'd follow you on the Tilemaster conversion but just cant get on with it.

Reply to Weber price Hike in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley