Search the forum,

Discuss Water Underfloor Heating - Concrete Prep? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

PaulJohnson

I have just had water underfloor heating fitted in my kitchen. The surface is now concrete and is very dusty.
I am wanting eventually tile the floor, but for the time being I want to limit the dust created by the concrete.
Is there a product (primer?) that I can use to seal the dust and also help the tile adhesive adhere when the tiles are laid?
Any other advise with regards to tiling over water UFH would also be great.

Cheers
Paul

G

Grace'sDad

in brief Paul, it allows the tiled floor to be independent of any structural movement of your substrate, so these deflections etc are not transfered to your tiles and resulting in cracking,heave and unbonding of your tiles

Sorry to correct this Doug, but I'm pretty sure it is only really lateral (sideways) movement i.e. expansion and contraction which it is designed to isolate. Floors still need to be strong and free of deflection.
I guess the cushioning effect of a Ditra-like membrane will help a little though.

Reply to Water Underfloor Heating - Concrete Prep? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.