Discuss Washboy Woes in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

Kevbos

View attachment 82228 got the washboy out today for the first time in a long time to give it another go. Still not having much joy with it. Creates a lot of foaming on the tiles and on the joints! Any ideas ?
I'm ringing it out a lot.
You may hear many stories about washboys. Most untrue. That sponge you used was not segmented and cheap. And not worn in. A washboys used properly is by far the best way to leave smooth joints. That bubbling is from using to wet a grout and to new a sponge.

L

LM

Your problem is too much water, so somethings wrong along those lines, maybe the sponge quality is poor or your roller system isn't draining enough water when you pass your sponge over it

L

LM

I mean this in a nice way, but are you drawing the float slowly across the floor hence allowing the sponge to 'soak' up the water that's in the floor :)

F

Flintstone

Not particularly slow, just a general sweep over. Ile get myself a new sponge and try some more different techniques with it. Think it's a rubi washboy

L

LM

Not particularly slow, just a general sweep over. Ile get myself a new sponge and try some more different techniques with it. Think it's a rubi washboy
The more absorbant the sponge the quicker it'll soak up the water. Try Diatech's segmented sponges, they are stuck on with spray adhesive, are very good value and do a really good job

Reply to Washboy Woes in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks