Discuss Washboy Woes in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

its some times the grout if you have it too runny also get as much off the tiles with the grout pad I buy one every 2 weeks then quick wipe over .also I finish off with micro fiber cloths never any problem, with tile master 3000
are u using webers they are a night mare so are mapie

Always grout 3000 for me. What do you class as a grout pad?
I probably am guilty of washing off a bit soon, I always have done tho. I give a second wipe down with a microfibre cloth ones it's dry from first wash

H

hmtiling

Always grout 3000 for me. What do you class as a grout pad?
I probably am guilty of washing off a bit soon, I always have done tho. I give a second wipe down with a microfibre cloth ones it's dry from first wash
i give grout 3000 and mapei ucp a fair bit of time before i start to wash off. longer for 3000. i haven't washed anything off without a washboy for over 10 years and think they are a invaluable piece of kit for a tiler. it looks like you are going a bit too soon with it, especially with porc, if it is porc.

J

Just Rizzle

mine are marshal town ones as find the rubber better than most
I leave in for a good 10 mins but get most of the grout off first

F

Flintstone

I don't think you can beat a good bal sponge, unless your using plank tiles or something with a lot of joints, of a large floor area, then a sponge is a little slow/

I

Italy

even for me
Raimondi sponge floats are the best bar none.

are they the ones that have a separate flat plastic bit that the handle attaches too?
even for me
upload_2016-6-17_17-27-5.png

D

Dan s

Love the sweepex! was first one I used got with a Raimondi wash boy and an awesome grout float (blue) in the rls deal from kwick split. Tried others since and they all just seem rubbish in comparison.
When I first ever used the washboy I noticed foaming and the grout in joints looked shallow, just let the grout dry out longer and that cured it.

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I give it a good wash off then a nice slow sweep over with the sponge nice and dryish. wash boys are great for large areas I use mine on walls and floors

M

MW Smith Ceramics

What make is the washboy, the sponge supplied might be of poor quality and thats why its leaving so much water on the floor,. Also depending on the grout, highly modified grouts will make the water foam up due to the polymer in them and need you to change water more often or use a rinse aid.
Your pic looks like too much water is being left behind by a poor quality sponge
Is that tilemaster grout 3000 your using local?

M

MW Smith Ceramics

I only use Genesis washboy sponges but the flat ( not with slots in ).....I don't have any problems with them holding too much water at all........looking at your picture there local I'd say this is something to do with the grout ( tilemaster 3000 is it? ) I don't use it as I find it bubbles up the water as if you,ve put a drop of fairy liquid in there........hence the reason I won't use tilemaster grout.......I've moved onto ultra for all adhesives and grouts now........give the ultra grout a try, it's a dream to use, mix , apply and washing off

Reply to Washboy Woes in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks