Search the forum,

Discuss washboy sponge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

alastair68

What is the best way to attach a new sponge to the red plastic handle.Also where is the best place to buy replacement sponges.!

P

Pauly

You can buy a spray adhesive Tradetiler sells it for about £4 I think. - Also sells sponges.

R

rossy

been in trade tiler today and bought a new sponge and handle already attached but can of spray is your best bet stick it on how you like...

E

enduro

I use evostick spray adhesive, remove old sponge from handle, leave for a few hours to thoroughly dry then spray on adhesive, but make sure you get the sponge on the right place as once its on it wont come off, leave over night to make sure its really stuck before you stick it in water.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
And don't do wot I had a habit of doing.

The last wash.......

Hot water to help drying process..............

Hot water melts glue.........

sponge ends up dropping off :angel_smile:

Last edited:

Reply to washboy sponge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've just seen patches of tile backer board with patches where something looks to have...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m new to the tiling scene. As a camp ranger I take care of a property in Massachusetts...
Replies
Views
I had some work done leaving an approximately 130mm diameter hole in the floor & tile where...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen