Search the forum,

Discuss Warped backer board | warped no more ply after priming! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SteUK

Evening all, me again!

Just primed (3 to 1 sbr) one side of a sheet of my backer board in preparation for putting some up tomorrow and it has warped! I can press it flat to the wall but it has me concerned. How much warp is too much? Is this normal?

Thanks!

S

SteUK

Hehe. Yeah. They say prime both sides with 3 to 1 mix of sbr.

Even with my diy knowledge I laughed when I read that. Don't worry, I have a mapei tanking kit for around the bath (and over shower) area ;)

It's probably only warped 5mm on the short end and 10mm on the long edge. I was going to put it up with adhesive then screw down when set. Guess I will have to kind of level it out with screws before the adhesive sets. But be careful not to go mad with the driver!

S

SteUK

Hi judge,

Thanks for the input!

Manufacturers say their 6mm is fine for walls. Though they say dot and dab is how to fix to solid walls, which I cannot get on board with...so putting down a full bed of adhesive and mechanically fixing as per instruction as well.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

so this board does not like water on one side only reminds me of a sponge .the water resistant a great get out always read the small print if you go to b&q you will find water proof bucket adhesive read the small print water resistant .shame on mapie so when do they put the truth in big letters

W

White Room

so this board does not like water on one side only reminds me of a sponge .the water resistant a great get out always read the small print if you go to b&q you will find water proof bucket adhesive read the small print water resistant .shame on mapie so when do they put the truth in big letters

Your'd then read it Ray.....

Reply to Warped backer board | warped no more ply after priming! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen