Discuss Wall Prep in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

philrab66

Hi all
Back for some more valuable advise. I have the unfortunate job of re-doing my bathroom been putting it off but time has come. I have stripped the wall and a large amount of the render has come off with the tiles. I would like to render and skim but not to sure of the procedure and mix. What sand to use etc... do I pva first or just wet the wall. I have tried a little bit of rendering in the past but I got more on the floor than the wall.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Phil.

P

philrab66

Why put yourself through rendering your walls when there is dry lining....

If it was the whole wall then yes dry lined but it is only a few large areas at the bottom of the wall. Also I am not tiling complete wall just a few above the bath and shower area.

Reaction score
if it's the inside of an outside wall then plastering sand & cement onto the brick. If there's another room on other side then probably Hardwall then Multifinish plaster.

Reply to Wall Prep in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay