• Thread starter DHTiling
  • Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 296
  • usa
Search the forum,

Discuss Updated predictions. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Peter

I reckon this year people will be more prone to spending money again, seems like there's light at the end of the tunnel.

R

Rich

It is really hard to know how every1 else is doing, I thought as I was busy everybody was but its not until I talk to other tradies that I realise how bleak it is. But I agree I really do think this year is going to pick up for every1 who has survived the rough period and hopefully It will have made the good honest guys out there better and weeded out the cowboys. :smilewinkgrin:

A

Aston

everything fine here too..i havent paniced or lowered my prices, ive aimed at the customers i want and i havent been greedy either, just fair..i dont worry about work or money like i used too , its not worth it...

G

Gazzer

Very patchy start for me this year, all was good at xmas with the promise of a job to start in the new year. Due to Tiles R us messing the order up the tiles ( trav) didnt arrive, then we had snow which delayed it again then no tiles again, then tiles werent correct. 3 days wasted in 1st week.
Took on some sub contract work which paid the bills but little else. Advertising i paid for not working, which i was hoping would.
My dads illness and the fact that he wont stop working means some one has to fix the tiles, he cant do it and if i am not there to do it then he will try himself and knock him self about. So i have ended up doing some jobs that i have no control over. At least its some money.
I have more "irons in the fire" this year than ever before , just waiting for some to show rewards.
My website has just got me 2 quotes, one of which i have won. So thats something.
Last week i hardly left the house and certainly didnt use any tiling tools. The next 2 weeks i am flat out with a porcelain floor, a smalll ceramic floor and a nice 55m2 Trav floor to do.
I am still optimistic about the future and still pushing a few new leads and ideas i have.
If one of the main leads works out then i may be looking to take someone on as a subby too but who knows.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I am steady, but not breaking any records. Hope things pick up, for us all:thumbsup:

P

Peter

Got 4 kitchens and bathrooms today for the end of the month on a set of newbuilds. :drool5: :hurray:

Things definately on the up. :thumbsup:

Reply to Updated predictions. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen