• Thread starter DHTiling
  • Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 294
  • usa

Discuss Updated predictions. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Steady away here too - nice constant flow, so never really had to panic too much.:hurray:

Hoping for a bit more interesting stuff this year and will guide customers accordingly:thumbsup:

G

Gazzer

Very patchy start for me this year, all was good at xmas with the promise of a job to start in the new year. Due to Tiles R us messing the order up the tiles ( trav) didnt arrive, then we had snow which delayed it again then no tiles again, then tiles werent correct. 3 days wasted in 1st week.
Took on some sub contract work which paid the bills but little else. Advertising i paid for not working, which i was hoping would.
My dads illness and the fact that he wont stop working means some one has to fix the tiles, he cant do it and if i am not there to do it then he will try himself and knock him self about. So i have ended up doing some jobs that i have no control over. At least its some money.
I have more "irons in the fire" this year than ever before , just waiting for some to show rewards.
My website has just got me 2 quotes, one of which i have won. So thats something.
Last week i hardly left the house and certainly didnt use any tiling tools. The next 2 weeks i am flat out with a porcelain floor, a smalll ceramic floor and a nice 55m2 Trav floor to do.
I am still optimistic about the future and still pushing a few new leads and ideas i have.
If one of the main leads works out then i may be looking to take someone on as a subby too but who knows.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I am steady, but not breaking any records. Hope things pick up, for us all:thumbsup:

P

Peter

Got 4 kitchens and bathrooms today for the end of the month on a set of newbuilds. :drool5: :hurray:

Things definately on the up. :thumbsup:

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
was very busy in january which i didnt expect,and has been a decent feb and also 2 good big job to be confirmed for march also as well as some other bits to be getting on with,,a great start i just hope it continues and doesnt tail off:thumbsup:

Reaction score
so far didn't had any days off, from January, talked with my friend yesterday, he works in tile shop, he said business is booming, so I do hope everything will get back where it was this year, but that's in London

Reaction score
Had work every day except 2 weekends, since jan 11th, and got 3 bathrooms in the book. My busiest start to the year since i started in jan 2007. Happy days ,lets hope it keeps up. :thumbsup:

F

faithhealer

After a good finish to last year I predicted I would be alright this year and thankfully the phone is starting to ring again, phew!

Reply to Updated predictions. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Seems alot of talk that 20kg per mtr2 is the max weight limit for plaster. Few questions 1. its...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay