Search the forum,

Discuss Updated a few things server-wise to fix some issues in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi people,

You'd probably be aware of weird glitches in the forum when it comes to loading pages and replying to posts. The forum would lose connection to the server.

This *should* be fixed now. I'm still testing, but it does appear to be okay now.

We've upgraded the PHP version on the server, and then installed some features to help with caching.

Let me know if you spot an issue now.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If anybody on Chrome is still having issues, check this out. [video=youtube;KJ3GZoreWeQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ3GZoreWeQ[/video]

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Some more tips for you.

Try clearing the browser's cache and cookies. Follow these steps:

1. - Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
  2. - Select Tools.
  3. - Select Clear browsing data.
  4. - In the dialog that appears, select the "Empty the cache" and "Delete cookies and other site data" checkboxes.
  5. - Select beginning of time from the menu at the top to delete everything.
  6. - Click Clear browsing data.

Then if the problem still persists try this for me please?

Try clearing your Domain Name System cache.

1. - Type chrome://net-internals/#dns in the address bar.
  2. - Click Clear host cache.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Stuff seems to be sorted now. The few problems we've still seen members have, have been fixed by clearing the cache for the web browser you have the problems on. Or by using a different web browser. So if anybody still has an issue and doesn't know how to clear their cache, give me a shout and I'll help you out.

Reply to Updated a few things server-wise to fix some issues in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen