Search the forum,

Discuss Uneven wall next step in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bill

If it is a cloakroom type toilet then the light switch can stay.

If the tiles are ceramic, then you could skim over this plaster with finish plaster.

If the tiles are porcelain, I would hack off the plaster and dot and dab plasterboard on to the wall. No need to plaster skim the plasterboard that needs tiling.

A

Ademii21

Thanks everyone.

Dot and dab? Ok will ask the plasterer

I have much the same type of wall elsewhere and I really need a second opinion

At 1st the installer mentioned bonding and then bonding and skimming. The plasterer then says plastering is better then goes on to say he wil do bonding and cement. It’s really getting confusing as I don’t know which is which and which is better.

This is for a bathroom with shower with big tiles 60x60 on the walls. Also the shower accessories is going to be embedded.

Pls help. What’s the best to use to get the best wall for tiling all I described up there?

Thank you very much

Attached is the state of these walls

2A23937F-4082-4509-9F13-51BBB0276945.jpeg 3BFD40AF-6405-4C32-B0B4-80DBBB3B2843.jpeg 6CF7AC53-EC10-4A73-AC13-7122A1E949F0.jpeg E7220932-0042-41CE-A44A-2EF9B4329842.jpeg 8F4663FD-0053-4919-BC5F-0EEA94B8BCFB.jpeg DB25C1A4-ECDA-4275-B852-902B59F8765D.jpeg

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Best job all round for the tiles mentioned would be to take every thing out strip of all the render and dry line. Nice flat surfaces and all able to take the weight of the tile.
Skimming over what you have there will leave you with a new smooth wall that won't be flat or able to support the weight of the tile.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
While your at it, a mechanical extractor might help deal with the black spotted mould growth on the ceiling and if you have a roof void above, additional insulation will also help.

A

Ademii21

And you are unable to tile on bonding & cement.

Really?

I wonder why that was the final solution of the plasterer. Hmmmm

Pls help as he is asking for £250 but i need to know he is using the right material

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Really?

I wonder why that was the final solution of the plasterer. Hmmmm

Pls help as he is asking for £250 but i need to know he is using the right material
Backing coat plaster should be browning or bonding, the a finish coat plaster on top. Cement is not compatible over gypsum plaster.

A

Ademii21

Backing coat plaster should be browning or bonding, the a finish coat plaster on top. Cement is not compatible over gypsum plaster.

Thanks.

Will that be the multi function bond he is talking about?

Reply to Uneven wall next step in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen