Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating expansion gap in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dantheram

I'm after some advice on how to build in expansion gaps for my kitchen floor.

The floor is 8sqm, and my current plan is as follows -

leave a 5 - 10mm perimeter at all areas where floor meets walls.

But what do I do with this gap? Do I put some special tape in it to stop thermal bridging or just leave it as a gap?

Any advice?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Silicone sealant to stop muck getting in it. Thermal bridging should have been taken care of already. If not perhaps don't worry about it due to the relatively small contact between the tiles and the walls. fit it's abutting internal walls thermal bridging is not considered an issue anyway.

Reply to Underfloor heating expansion gap in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen