Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Angela

It took about 5 days in total - but I was learning... and I did make a mistake... or two... :) I should have left room for a half tile around the edge... also I would not recommend using the cream as it crumbles too much... you think you have cut just the right piece and it crumbles away before your eyes

U

user123

My first ever stone experiment, very small, 25cmx25cm, a charity piece for the wonderful Esther Benjamin trust I donated a mosaic to last year also, when I didn't even know how wonderful this charity is. This is a fundraising event joined in internationally by various mosaic artists, with everyone this year utilising donated fused glass eyes by Martin Cheek. This mosaic, with stone and marble and slate offcuts kindly supplied by Lawrence (Musivarius), utilising some glass for the hair and surrounds, and the gold glitter from the Mapei expoxy range, is designed for its final location, a smart hotel in Kathmandu, where Philip Holmes, (the British Navy man who started this trust after his wife's death) now lives and who works relentlessly in Kathmandu to stop child trafficking in its various forms.

I have been in touch with Philip a few times online, and his fantastic dedication blows me away. If anyone would like to sponsor my mosaic or donate to such a worthwhile cause, please do so here: Philip Holmes is fundraising for The Esther Benjamins Trust If I was to do it again I would do it differently, but as a first experiment I have gained some valuable experience in working with stone, on such a small scale, too, using the double reverse method.

Through the eyes of Buddha.jpg

I

itidiot

First ever go at tiling as i am in the process of renovating my house. (grouting and silicone to be completed) outside tiles to be laid that match kitchen floor ones. Will post more up once completed :)

kitchen.jpg bi-fold-before.jpg before-kitchen.jpg Epping Forest-20120311-00272.jpg

U

user123

D

Drastik Lee

some quarry tiling done recently by LDM Tiling Services

Quarry Tiling (Utility Room).jpg Quarry Tile Hallway.jpg Quarry Tiling (Bathroom).jpg

Attachments

• Quarry Tiling (Utility Room for Bream Building).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 64

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
OK, so here is what i did at home on some weekends. (kids room and my bedroom) DSC_0158.jpg DSC_0159.jpg DSC_0160.jpg DSC_0161.jpg DSC_0162.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0165.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC_0167.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0168.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 60

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks