Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
download (1).jpg download (2).jpg download (3).jpg download (4).jpg download.jpg
small bathroom i did at weekend, used webber plus addy, they supplied grout , almurrad lime stone grout, was quite good to use

S

Stef

019 (Copy).jpg 020 (Copy).jpg 021 (Copy).jpg 022 (Copy).jpg 023 (Copy).jpg 024 (Copy).jpg 025 (Copy).jpg 026 (Copy).jpg

35m2 of 600x600mm polished porcelain. had to run every cut through the dewalt.

Attachments

• 027 (Copy).jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 69

bobbynz

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi everyone, thought I share with you the reason behind my reduced activity lately.
This is my wifes cat. Its larger than life and so is this mosaic, lol .Its approx 850x850mm with the frame. There are approx. 4750 x 10mm tessarae all cut from 150x150 wall tiles using my retired TS600.
SDC11224.JPG
Its about all I can do now after my accident, which by the way has been a year now and was informed today that the builders who were responsible for the accident have now filed for bankruptcy and I wont get my day in court, as the labour dept. cant prosecute a bankrupt company. Its taken them 12 mths of stalling tactics and just not turning up for court and now they chuck the towel in the gutless wonders. Anyway I gotta move on dont I!!!
Anyway I'm half way through another mosaic that is smaller but will have about 10,000 tessarae. I will post when completed:thumbsup:

U

user123

Wow, Bobby, some serious effort and staying power there!!! Cut from tiles??? Good grief....well done you :) Really sorry to hear about your whole accident story. Somehow though my instinct tells me you are going to do just fine, it's just a matter of time, don't lose faith there. You'll get there, you will be ok. x

S

Spud

Hi everyone, thought I share with you the reason behind my reduced activity lately.
This is my wifes cat. Its larger than life and so is this mosaic, lol .Its approx 850x850mm with the frame. There are approx. 4750 x 10mm tessarae all cut from 150x150 wall tiles using my retired TS600.
View attachment 38628
Its about all I can do now after my accident, which by the way has been a year now and was informed today that the builders who were responsible for the accident have now filed for bankruptcy and I wont get my day in court, as the labour dept. cant prosecute a bankrupt company. Its taken them 12 mths of stalling tactics and just not turning up for court and now they chuck the towel in the gutless wonders. Anyway I gotta move on dont I!!!
Anyway I'm half way through another mosaic that is smaller but will have about 10,000 tessarae. I will post when completed:thumbsup:
nice work Bobby look forward to seeing your next project

bobbynz

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Eden mosaic.JPG Here is a mosaic of my daughters dog. Taken from a photo and processed the picture into a tessalated image and worked from that then chose the colours/tiles and cut into 5mm x 5mm pieces.
The mosaic measures 650mm x 650mm and is made up of approx 10,000 tessarae
It didn't take as long as I expected but had to take a few breaks, before I lost my mind.
Yeah Yeah I know I must of lost my mind to even think about doing this one. :yikes:
But you know what, I'm even thinking about the next one all ready. Any requests??

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice work, interesting to see this style used. Have you thought about any other styles of work? Especially seeing as you're cutting all your own tesserae you can be quite inventive.

bobbynz

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Nice work, interesting to see this style used. Have you thought about any other styles of work? Especially seeing as you're cutting all your own tesserae you can be quite inventive.

I've completed a few over the years, have you checked out my album ? thats just a sample of my work.
I will be experimenting with this latest method. I think I may work on a black and white using a few shades of grey from white to black.
I'd love to do a life size piece of an actual person. Ultimately a life size insitu in tumbled marble would be awesome.
thanks for your kind comments.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Just a few pics of a job I have just completed. If anyone is interested in setting out geometric work, (getting areas symmetrical etc) dry laying to pull full headers.

Attachments

• jsa2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 55
  • new geo 013.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 60
  • Julie Sihgn 007.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 61
  • arundel 008.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 61
  • arundel 005.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 60
  • jsa3.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 53
  • jsa5.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 50
  • jsa8.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 49
  • jsa9.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 51
  • jsa7.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 51

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks