Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

LM

J

J Sid

WP_20160521_11_55_09_Rich.jpg anyone having a #AndyDay on Monday and fancy pointing this mornings job I will be happy ;)

F

Flintstone

I've had a customer tell me last week she's thinking of having those in a kitchen. Massive curved semi circle window almost to the ceiling and about 12ft wide. Having not used them before it sounds fun! Did you just grout gun the joints then smooth with a pointing tool that brick layers use ?

J

J Sid

yes that's the method, pointing gun into joint and clean of with a trowel, will have to leave fairly flush as slips are only 20mm at best.
had to us rapid set adhesive, customer supplied TM slow set which I could use. Had to mix thick to hold the weight and adjust as they set, would of been all night with slow set.
fixed hardie board to the wall, glued ans screw, as it was paint plaster.

I

Italy

yes that's the method, pointing gun into joint and clean of with a trowel, will have to leave fairly flush as slips are only 20mm at best.
had to us rapid set adhesive, customer supplied TM slow set which I could use. Had to mix thick to hold the weight and adjust as they set, would of been all night with slow set.
fixed hardie board to the wall, glued ans screw, as it was paint plaster.
I saw an error. say in PM. haha

Reply to UK Tiling Forum | Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks