Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss UFH screed showing few cracks, is Ditra Mat essential ?? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

Dougs Third Go

Please checkout the following advertisement.
on a newly laid c
I've seen cracks like that often and it's not the end of the world. It's more than likely shrinkage. Commission your ufh correctly and see what the floor looks like after that. You can carry out a resin repair and reinforce with rebar, then fit uncoupling membrane and tile. Ditra and such like actually improve the performance of under floor heating as the channels in the mat help dissipate the heat evenly. Here is a repair I did on a crack last month
View attachment 109635 View attachment 109636 View attachment 109637 View attachment 109638
excellent response :)

Reply to UFH screed showing few cracks, is Ditra Mat essential ?? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock