Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss TTA Awards 2020 - Voting Time - Wall and Floor Tiler of the Year in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
TTA Awards Voting Time.

Who's our tiler we're voting for this year?

Andy Carroll is in there. Haven't flicked through them all to see who else is in it this year.

Please click the links below to cast your vote in each of our 2020 Awards categories. Voting closes 5th February – every vote counts!

Wall Tile of the Year

Floor Tile of the Year

Tile Fixer of the Year

Best E-Commerce Website/App

Best Heritage Project

Best Commercial Project Small (up to 250m2)

Best Commercial Project Large (over 250m2)

Best Domestic Project

Best Environmental Initiative

Best Innovation

Excellence in Supply & Services

Excellence in Marketing

Excellence in Tile Contracting

Excellence in Retail

Employee of the Year

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I voted for somebody I know, but who's work is good. But yeah you're right. Need nameless entries really and then reveal them at the end. And maybe a 1st 2nd 3rd rather than just a win.

It would only work with tilers. The https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ firms will all create false votes like they used to with our annual https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ competitions until I called them out on it.

Mind you it isn't rocket science so false votes across the entries will be rife.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I voted for somebody I know, but who's work is good. But yeah you're right. Need nameless entries really and then reveal them at the end. And maybe a 1st 2nd 3rd rather than just a win.

It would only work with tilers. The https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ firms will all create false votes like they used to with our annual https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ competitions until I called them out on it.

Mind you it isn't rocket science so false votes across the entries will be rife.
All the entries are top notch work but as said my vote went to father and son outfit , Andy carroll.
Yes ive known him a few year’s and the entry was very nice work and if thats a vote for a friend , then so be it.
imho they deserve a win 👍👍👍

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm gonna send a mass email out and help Andy Carroll but, as the email and will state (and as it did when we helped @MissTiler) people need vote for what they think is best. But it'll give them a nudge to vote for Carroll if they're undecided between him and another perhaps.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please vote for Andy Carroll and Son tile – The business is well known in the tile industry, and it’s one that has done a lot of good as a whole. They’ve provided advice on TilersForums.com that has helped budding tilers become awesome tilers. And then their advice has gone on to help other tilers become awesome tilers.

By all means, checkout all the other entries. They’re good. Vote for one of those if you feel those are better.

But as a forum, one of us people are one of the options available, and we would like to see you vote for us.

Scroll through the options below, and vote at the end. Andy Carroll and Son tile. – Your good deed will come back around soon enough. 🙂

Continue reading...

Last edited:
J

J Sid

Why Andy?
Haven't seen him on here for a long long time or have I just missed him?
Thought you were having a cull on members who hadn't posted recently Dan.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

He's one of the forum members that are in it - that's all it is for me mate.

Can't speak for anybody else.

He's a good tiler. But I know dozens like him. But he's in the comp, and I'd be up for him winning it. So sod it, he's got my vote.

I'd rather a forum member win it with our help, than somebody who isn't a forum member and nobody from our forums vote.

Also, TTA and us need to get on. And it shows us being willing to work together if we plug one of their comps and schemes I guess? - Not sure. Hope it does.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Neh, I think I see your side moreso as a guy.

But as a forum, we need show support when one of our guys enters something I think.

But I'm with you mate. As a guy, overly plugging just one entry isn't fair at all.

But it's one category, in one years comp, in one awards do, one year, for one website.

We're not going to break the internet doing it.

I hope @MissTiler managed to use her win as a Unique Selling Point herself and perhaps it got her some extra dosh one time. Maybe we can do the same for Andy.

Taking my forum hat off, I'm not silly mate, I'm the same as you I think. You're normal too. :D

Reply to TTA Awards 2020 - Voting Time - Wall and Floor Tiler of the Year in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock