Search the forum,

Discuss Topps Tiles Ergo Manual Tile Cutter in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

Klick klock is different than the traditional pull and score in that you 'push' to score, much easier on the wrist on a tile thats hard to score, also the breaking action allows you to successfully break tougher tiles with more control. The max series is the same 'push' to score, but the cutting well is 19mm and on a pond bearing which allows for much easier scoring of rough textured tiles, the breaking foot is also 100mm wide so increases the pressure for the breaking of very hard tiles. Its much slower than pull and score, but can easily and consistently break tiles that the pull handle simply couldn't look at. the klick klock sort of falls in-between these two systems. hope that all make some sort of sense lol
alleluia....
good @LEE MAC :thumbsup::thumbsup:

O

Old Mod

I think the max handle is a lot quicker than any of the pull cutters.
I never ever got on with a pull cut machine & when I tried a max series I thought now that's the cutter for me.
I've never had the foot clog up on me but I keep my cutters clean & use wd40 silicone spray on them & they work as good as new.
I would say if you are used to using a Rubi then I would stick to a max series cutter.
A play about with them for a few days & you will ever look back.
Haha cheers Stef. :thumbsup:
Now I'm no better off cos that's what I'm using now and I am getting on with it! Haha
Oh well, dum de dum de dum! :D

E

ExplodingPudding

This has confirmed for me that you work for topps!

If you look at my first post, I said I did indeed work for Topps. My comment is pretty much repeating what we've been told by the manufacturer and seems to be a big problem with the "it shatters things" arguement. Not much on the clinker though. I think the 630 is still knocking about in a fair few vans!

T

Tile Shop

I'm tempted by a Sigma for my first proper cutter. I've only ever used the Ru..... the other one, for merchandising etc, and I can't get over the fact that so many rate Sigma over anything else. Just the pull to score, seems a bit of an alien concept to me. Could get the push but don't know what the advantages/disadvantages between the pull/push. Need to find someone who's got one and have a play me thinks :)

M

moomarine

You can always get the pull or push and see how you get on as sigma do sell them separately as someone has mentioned above. Think they are about £50!

M

moomarine

It's not knowing what size to get that holding me back at the moment! Go massive or go home I guess! Lol

Reply to Topps Tiles Ergo Manual Tile Cutter in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen