Search the forum,

Discuss To trim or not to trim? Bevelled tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

olly_walker

Hello all. I'm about to tile a kitchen in a house I'm renovating im joiner by trade but don't mind doing small tiling jobs. I'm going to use 200x100mm bevel edged tiles two rows high around the work top and about 600mm high for a spaslh back behind hob. I don't really want to use plastic trim but want to avoid seeing the edge of the tile as it shows the clay as the tile is ceramic
I'm thinking of a painting the edge? Any other ideas?

O

olly_walker

Thanks for reply I didn't want to use plastic trim as I think it looks a better finished job without it. Would it be ok to paint tiled edges? Anybody done this before?

S

suave

ave finished it with decorators caulk the touched it up with paint before worked for me:thumbsup:

Reaction score
If its brickbonded then you will have an exposed cut edge on the half tile at the end.

For me I would trim every time. Plastic or chrome..

I've seen them done without trim a few times & i personally think it looks unfinished...

M

Marksmithtiling

Hi , if you do use trim, chrome or plastic, make sure its deep enough to cover the cut edge not just the bevel edge, ie probably 9mm,guess who made this mistake ........

O

Olz

Haha..Done the exact same job today at for a family member, 200 x 100 bevelled in black, 2 rows high with a higher splash behind the hob to the hood. Just used a black plastic trim, cousing picked it up at the same time as tiles, think is was 9 or 10. Covered the exposed edges nicley.

B

Bubblecraft

9mm covers Metro nicely on the cut edge. I personally use chrome trim. Much neater & looks more expensive. Makes a cheap tile look a million times better. I've seen edges of tiles painted & as said above, looks unfinished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

M

Mike Mike

My friend, mitre the edges. You can do that with a wetsaw, or, if you've managed to track one down (I've been hunting for one for ages) you could use an angle grinder and the amazing new Australian invention, the Mitre Wizz!

Throw away that plastic trim. Don't even think about painting the edges. Mitre them, with the Mitre Wizz :lol:

Reply to To trim or not to trim? Bevelled tiles? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen