Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling up to vauled ceiling - advise please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Carl Morrison

Hi,

On with ensuite renovation and im going to tile up to a vaulted ceiling, probably about a 45degree angle. Is there a bead/trim you would advise? I can imagine it getting hard work getting it all perfect with a back cut on the porceleain tile and it will be hard to get a good edge without chipping.

Also on trims, im using a matt marble effect porcelain beige tile... what trims would you advise? chrome? / beige? square or round edge? Trims will mostly be used for external corners of partition wall between bath and shower, reveals of window and around a recess hole im planning in the shower cubicle for shampoos etc.

Any thoughts/advise welcomed!

R

Rookery

I've used a trim up to the angled ceiling, didnt like it so re-cut new tiles scribed to ceiling. Elsewhere, my recommendation is usually the straight edge shiny silver ones but I ask the customer which ones they would prefer.

Reaction score
funny,I am busy finnishing a second bathroom just as you described,are your tiles 600x600There is no trim in the world that will help you,you are just going to have to bite the bullet and crack on with the cutting.
Try not to use trim as trim will not last as long as the tiles and will look shabby after a few years.Just make sure you straighten the walls around the reveals
A slide cutter will not give you rough edges on porcelain but a wet cutter might.If you dont have an old wet cutting blade to use in your machine you can score the tile on the slide cutter then cut using the wet cutter close to your scored line this will minimize chipping.Hope this helps

C

Carl Morrison

Thanks guys, sounds like tile cutting it is then! And thanks for the tips.

Jim - are you saying that on reveals external corners you don't use trim?...so expectadly you must mitre porcelain external corners?! Sounds tricky!

Also - if I'm going to buy a tile saw as a beginner what would you advise to enable ,e to get very good cuts on 10mm 60x40cm porcelain tiles?

As always any advice welcomed :)

Reply to Tiling up to vauled ceiling - advise please in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen