Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling table... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

MelonStrings

Lads,

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I searched on "tiling table", "folding table", "foldaway table" and a few others and didn't find what I was looking for.

Can anyone recommend a fold away flat table that provides a solid yet lightweight base in order to set up either one or both of a manual and wet cutter??

I'm wasting alot of time going up and down stairs between cuts, and I don't want to get the clients (admittedly my Nan at this point) upset with me wasting time and dirtying carpets/floors etc between room and cutting area! Is there a table that will be portable, practical and usable?!

(Apologies, this has probably been asked and answered many time, unfortunately my searching skills won't find the answer!!!

Cheers,
Melon.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
would a black and decker workmate type workbench do the job - these are available from screwfix and the like pretty cheaply

D

dagger

Check out "youngman" on the interweb! look for "oddjob" the double up as the best hop up EVER!

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

I bought a black and decker folding bench from B&Q, end of line never seen one before think it was for a chippy, £20. Could try flea bay

G

Gazzer

TradeTiler.Ltd

Its expensive but its at the right height. What about an aluminium hop up that can be bought for about £20 from the diy stores.

T

Time's Ran Out

Melon - Shall I tell you what you want, what you really really want!

It's a sand/cement spot board from B&Q for £15 and as others a workmate for £20.
This way you get a good working height and the overflow water stays in the tray on the floor.
Use it on all domestic work when inside.:thumbsup:

Timeless John.

D

doug boardley

TradeTiler.Ltd

Its expensive but its at the right height. What about an aluminium hop up that can be bought for about £20 from the diy stores.
that's what I use Neale:thumbsup:Well, I use two for my cutter

D

doug boardley

doug-boardley-albums-sunny-hill-picture2047-being-greedy-these-tiles-1000x-333.jpg

if you look at the top left hand side of the cutter, you can see part of one!:lol:

D

Daz

Dust sheets from front door to work area. If it's a bathroom that your doing, then get yourself a bathboard.

captain-slow-albums-my-lovely-bathboard-picture4798-06062009-002.jpg

Reply to Tiling table... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen