Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Price Base Rate - how much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I work a 25mile radius of Glasgow all domestic customers.
£25 sq metre for wall tiling sometimes more added if there is lots of trim work etc
£25 sq metre for floor tiling onto concrete ceramic or porc
£35 sq metre for floor tiling onto wooden floors
£40-£50 for natural stone floor tiling
£50 sq metre for splashbacks plus £5 for each socket.
Day rate is £150 plus materials.
Having said all that if am fairly busy 7-8 hr day I am usually good for
between £850 -£1150 per week
try not to work weekends
these prices include adhesive grout and trim

J

Joseph Kover

no day rate here,price for whole job labour only,materials not included at any case.
advantages: no moaning how many days you work on,no pressure and stress.you re working on good speed anyway.no hassle is priceless.Quality and safety first.no compromise.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's Madness charging extra for holes :tearsofjoy: , I know I know it costs money to buy hole cutters , but surely pipes have always been there ? Now it's ten times quicker cutting a hole out so basically it's saving you time .
Good god, years ago cutting out sockets and holes was torture , now it's a piece of wee wee

J

Joseph Kover

It's Madness charging extra for holes :tearsofjoy: , I know I know it costs money to buy hole cutters , but surely pipes have always been there ? Now it's ten times quicker cutting a hole out so basically it's saving you time .
Good god, years ago cutting out sockets and holes was torture , now it's a piece of wee wee
many times 2 hole just kills a diamond cutter.for 6 quid,its really just deficit +extra typing on the invoice.
i include it in my labour and charge fix price/job. some customer goes nuts to hear something like charging for holes as they think you try to pull out as much you can from the job.just an opinion.
With that effort could charge for grinder usage/cut, tile cutter/cut and adhesive mixer /min :)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Joseph Kover

bought a 40 quid diamond cutter,didnt last for 4 holes,the guys in tile depot said its very long lasting.
Sure:) never believe it.

R

rob39

I work a around Ayrshire 25mile radius of Ayr and all domestic customers. Very similar rates to BL Tiling
£25 sq metre for wall tiling again sometimes add more if there is lots of trim work etc
£30 sq metre for floor tiling onto concrete with ceramic or porcelain tiles (extra for wooden floors due to prep if needed)
£40 sq m for natural stone floor tiling
£40 sq m for splash backs plus £5 for each socket.
£45 sq m Mosaic

Day rate is £150 plus materials.
Again try not to work weekends and all prices include adhesive, grout and trim
I visit every job and if it can be done in a day then its the day rate usually anything up to 12 sq m and tiles can be done by no later than 2pm.
I always put a proviso in that the price is for perfect walls (do we ever get perfect walls). Round me their are many homes with shot plaster and a simpler tap on the wall gives me and the customer a clue. I give them a choice of getting their own plasterer in or I batten and board the wall (bathrooms)
Splash backs seem to be the norm at present and are a pain due to being fiddly hence the price. Not sure if my prices are high for the S/W Scotland but the work is steady. I'm booked usually a month in advance

Cstiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Has anyone ever priced for putting expansion joints in or trim work per meter . pricing a garage at the moment and they want a price for trim work , something I've never priced separately from tiling to be honest

Fraser Tiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'm based in South Bucks.
Rarely price work by the metre unless very straight forward large areas on good quality substrates.
I price on a day rate basis allowing myself ample time in my estimation.
I quote for materials with an open end on adhesive quantities depending on quality of substrates.
I charge £240 per day on pure day rate, and estimate jobs at the same rate.
I make a little extra on supplying materials, but never get involved with supplying tiles.
Large floors ceramic/porc upto 450mm laid "following the levels" on reasonably flat screeds £35/ metre.
Above 450mm/rectified porc £40/m laid flat/level depending on customers requirements with open end on adhesive.
Large walls about the same.
Obviously you smash your dayrate on large floors, nice if you can get enough of them, most of big floors will have a few bathrooms or ensuites with them, and I usually hold the same rate for the bathrooms. If you can't hit dayrate at 40 a metre on ensuites and bathrooms there's something going very wrong.
These prices work for me and my usual customers have no problem with my rates.
Those rates for materials include standard flex adhesive, grout, plastics and primers.
S2 adhesives, trims, ditra, mosaics etc are all extras.

D

Darrell

Okay so I'm going to start the ball rolling. I'd like the forum to be handy for all, including those looking for tilers, or even DIY, to see what they're up against compared to a professionally carried-out job.

So let's get this ball rolling.

Let's try and come up with a base rate for tiling work done, in every area in the country. We can generalise a bit while we start off, but perhaps we can edit and re-edit the prices per area, and add more areas that have unique pricing for whatever reason, over time. And publish this publicly when we're happy with it. So traders can see when they're undercutting, and customers hopefully see when they're under paying.

So I'll start this off really generally with a England price, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland (Ireland too separate in Euros perhaps? as we do have Irish on here), then of course London (central then outskirts maybe?).

I'll also need a bit of a list of what might be priced differently compared to other tiles or whatever.

ALL PRICES PER SQUARE METER - OR LINEAR METER

England
Ceramic Floors:
Ceramic Walls:
Porcelain up to X size (help me with the size):
Porcelain above X size:
Stone or Slate etc:
Border tiles (not embossed) per L/M:
Border tiles (embossed) per L/M:
Uncoupling or anti-crack matting per L/M:
Price per plug socket (do we need to go that in depth from the start?):
Price per window or door (can we generalise this to opening and get the same point across? / do we need this?):

Scotland
Ceramic Floors:
Ceramic Walls:
Porcelain above X size:
Stone or Slate etc:
Price per window or door (can we generalise this to opening and get the same point across? / do we need this?):

Wales
Ceramic Floors:
Ceramic Walls:
Porcelain above X size:
Stone or Slate etc:

Northern Ireland
Ceramic Floors:
Ceramic Walls:
Porcelain above X size:
Stone or Slate etc:

Republic of Ireland
Ceramic Floors:
Ceramic Walls:
Porcelain above X size:
Stone or Slate etc:

Central London
Ceramic Floors:
Ceramic Walls:
Porcelain above X size:
Stone or Slate etc:

London Outskirts
Ceramic Floors:
Ceramic Walls:
Porcelain above X size:
Stone or Slate etc:

(Please add other areas to this list if you're from there and it's way off the average)

Can people please copy and paste their own area in this, and give a bit of a guide. We can get an average then, and edit the bits to make it actually useful.

Then we can frown upon those who go below it and praise those who go above it (no frowning or praising allowed).​

D

Darrell

Hi
I am new to this forum I have been tiling for 20 years. 2 years ago I pulled away from tiling so out of touch on pricing. I am in Dartford Kent so I just need to know what tilers are charging. Cheers

O

Old Mod

Well @Darrell...... what can I say!
This is the only post if it's kind that exists, started by the forum owner.
If you can use this thread as a yard stick then please do, just be sure to check the dates in the bottom left corner.

Reply to Tiling Price Base Rate - how much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen