Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling over overfloor heating system - Wundafloor in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
S

Shinyshiny054

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Gill, how did you get on with the various assessments? I'm about to go through the same process (having already bought the Wunda overfloor panels), so any advice would be much appreciated!

Three tilers: they were all fairly confident the cracks were only from heating too soon (wait two weeks min). Two tilers suggested decoupling mats, one didn’t. Said he had tiled over this system before and was happy with the flatness we had achieved from the level. Unfortunately the guy was also a total cowboy and the actual tile job is rougher than a badgers bum, but that’s another story - literally, there’s a whole thread about it!

It’s been a little over two weeks since the job was completed and we switched on at the bare minimum last night. Will see how it goes and certainly plan to update findings here.

Good luck, it’s very stressful, I know!

Nic B

TF
Reaction score
Three tilers: they were all fairly confident the cracks were only from heating too soon (wait two weeks min). Two tilers suggested decoupling mats, one didn’t. Said he had tiled over this system before and was happy with the flatness we had achieved from the level. Unfortunately the guy was also a total cowboy and the actual tile job is rougher than a badgers bum, but that’s another story - literally, there’s a whole thread about it!

It’s been a little over two weeks since the job was completed and we switched on at the bare minimum last night. Will see how it goes and certainly plan to update findings here.

Hi, Just been reading through this thread and was wondering how you got on?

I have bought a 50m2 kit from Wundafloor and will be laying it in the next few weeks, having spoken to Mapei and being assured that tile directly onto the boards with Elastorapid has been tested by them and is fine.

Reading some of these threads is making me a nervous wreck, but I am curios to hear from someone who has installed the exact system to see how it worked out?

Also, what was the longest run for your tiles, did you have an expansion gap other than around the perimeter?

Cheers,

Nic

OP
S

Shinyshiny054

Hi, Just been reading through this thread and was wondering how you got on?

I have bought a 50m2 kit from Wundafloor and will be laying it in the next few weeks, having spoken to Mapei and being assured that tile directly onto the boards with Elastorapid has been tested by them and is fine.

Reading some of these threads is making me a nervous wreck, but I am curios to hear from someone who has installed the exact system to see how it worked out?

Also, what was the longest run for your tiles, did you have an expansion gap other than around the perimeter?

Cheers,

Nic

Hi Nic,

It’s absolutely fine so far, heats up the house really well. We had massive issues with a crap tiler and the screed we poured to level cracking but so far hasn’t transferred any issues to the tiles (although they look like they were laid by a 12 year old- again, another story).

We covered 8 meters with an expansion gap at around 5m where the floor changes from concrete slab to suspended floor in the extension.

Good luck, I was really worried about the whole thing too, it’s a lengthy process but well worth it.

Gill

Reaction score
I appreciate this is a few years later I’m just wondering how things went and was a flexible screed used and did he put down a coupling membrane? I’m planning on using the wunda system but the mrs wants tiles so I’m just nervous as I only have a timber floor so I don’t like the sound of a screed over it all plus seeing cracks :O

OP
S

Seantwo

Hi Gill

How has this been performing since?

Reply to Tiling over overfloor heating system - Wundafloor in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock