Discuss Tiling over overfloor heating system - Wundafloor in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

Spoke to Tom Mathew a little while back he reckoned you were going to use some of that Norcross gear on a green screed . Did you if so how did you get on .

O

Old Mod

Don’t spoil the party Jerry :)

237.gif

H

hmtiling

Spoke to Tom Mathew a little while back he reckoned you were going to use some of that Norcross gear on a green screed . Did you if so how did you get on .
Was going to until it was priced up. Very pricey on a large area

S

Shinyshiny054

Hi all,

Sorry just realised there were a number of extra comments which I never got notification for, so thanks for those! I hope you all had a relaxing festive break

We decided on a SLC compound after we found some variation in the levelnsss of the floor. This was poured in three sections over the aluminium boards which had been primed with Ultra Prime It. The screed we chose was Mapei Renovation Screed - so apparently not compatible with the primer (we’d already primed).

The trouble we have now is cracks appearing in the screed. They are hairline but there are a fair few across the whole floor (around 32m2). The screed was heated 3 days after the last pour starting at 15 degrees and increased by 5 per day to 45 where it is now.

Mapei can’t provide support due to the products used, so I’m looking for some advice on what we can do to remedy.

Is there anything we can do to fix the cracks? Any suggestion on the cause? What kind of problems could occur from tiling on cracked screed? Help! Photos attached - you can see there is a sink hole - we’ve ordered epoxy (Mapei epo rip) to fill, we were considering using it over the cracks to.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

Gill

A22D123A-50E9-452F-973E-24697D978CEB.jpeg A4B4288D-08D2-4CB5-9DBE-C8BFDE1C61DD.jpeg A133553E-A8EB-4094-AB47-5436F3E3C9AC.jpeg

W

WetSaw

Delaminating means it's not stuck to the substrate. If that's the case it will need to be removed. Have a go at gently removing a bit, where it's cracked all around would be a good place to try.

S

Shinyshiny054

Delaminating means it's not stuck to the substrate. If that's the case it will need to be removed. Have a go at gently removing a bit, where it's cracked all around would be a good place to try.[/QUOTE

We have epoxy to fill the cracks and sink holes and will take up any particularly bad sections, but what’s the best infill for those? Can we epoxy? Will it bond ok?

S

Shinyshiny054

Oops, screwed up the quotation function by inadvertently deleting a close bracket. Here’s what I meant to ask

We have epoxy to fill the cracks and sink holes and will take up any particularly bad sections, but what’s the best infill for those? Can we epoxy? Will it bond ok?

D

Dumbo

Your floor looks like it is failing. I'm not on site so can't be sure but I think if you tile this you will be throwing good money after bad . There are issues why your floor has done this .

S

Shinyshiny054

So we have 4 tilers coming out to assess floor and quote. 2 so far: one is happy to tile over, the other will tile over with a decoupling membrane but both are certain the cracks are due to heating too soon. 2 down 2 tomorrow to go

C

cicuuts

Hi Gill, how did you get on with the various assessments? I'm about to go through the same process (having already bought the Wunda overfloor panels), so any advice would be much appreciated!

Reply to Tiling over overfloor heating system - Wundafloor in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks