Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling over existing tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Rived36

TF
Reaction score
hi guys,
Im about to start a bathroom refurb next week and the customer would like me to tile over the old tiles ?
Id rather rip out but she's having none of it,
Is there anything i need to do prep wise or any special adhesives i should use?
Thanks in advance

F

Flintstone

Is this walls or floor? What tiles are to go on and what tiles are on there at the min

F

Flintstone

You need to make a slurry coat. Easier to buy a ready made none porous surface primer. Personally I wouldn't tile over tile on a wall as they could have been stuck on with chewing gum over wall paper

L

LM

The first thing you need to establish is what sub base the original tiles are installed to.
Can the original substrate support the additional weight of another layer of tiles and adhesive?
This is the first and most important question!

Reply to Tiling over existing tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen