Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Outside - Advice Please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tilestiles

Hi Everyone. Been a while since I posted on here as not been too good so have had to lay off the tiling for awhile. Howevre, I have just got a job tiling the entrance to a local club. Entrance floor needs doing (Approx 4m2 plus the entrance walls again 4m2). Both walls and floors will be open to the elements so my first question is do I need to use any special adhesive or do the tiles need to be of a particular type?? My second question is that the entrance walls are currently brick, so can I tile directly onto the brickwork? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

G

GazTech

Hi Everyone. Been a while since I posted on here as not been too good so have had to lay off the tiling for awhile. Howevre, I have just got a job tiling the entrance to a local club. Entrance floor needs doing (Approx 4m2 plus the entrance walls again 4m2). Both walls and floors will be open to the elements so my first question is do I need to use any special adhesive or do the tiles need to be of a particular type?? My second question is that the entrance walls are currently brick, so can I tile directly onto the brickwork? Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Rapid set external is fine for both jobs, be sure to scrape any loose bits from the brick, and a coat of primer wouldn't be a bad thing. Regards the tiles if exposed to frost, make sure the are the correct grade, porcelain or Quarry tiles are the best....Gaz

Reply to Tiling Outside - Advice Please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen