Search the forum,

Discuss tiling onto old tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Andy the tiler

I am starting a job shortly and the customer wants her new tiles set onto the old ones.Its only 6 m2 in the kitchen.Should I pva or prime first? Its my 1st job and I want it to look good. I,m using Larsen fast set adhesive,will 20kg be enough? And evostick teknik grout,will 5kg be enough? thanks

D

DHTiling

Personally , i would pull the old ones off first...

Also is there any exposed edges , if so you will see 2 thicknesses of tile..

A

Andy the tiler

no problems with exposed edges,she just wants them laid ontop.Do you think my quantities for adhesive and grout are enough,thanx

D

doug boardley

I am starting a job shortly and the customer wants her new tiles set onto the old ones.Its only 6 m2 in the kitchen.Should I pva or prime first? Its my 1st job and I want it to look good. I,m using Larsen fast set adhesive,will 20kg be enough? And evostick teknik grout,will 5kg be enough? thanks
:yikes::yikes::yikes: deffo not pva, make sure existing tiles are degreased and spotlessly clean. I've never used the adhesive you mentioned so I can't comment, but 5kg of grout will be ample:thumbsup:

A

Andy the tiler

I think they are glazed.They are about 10 years old so nothing too modern or fancy. Also looked at evostick pourable thickbed from advise by another tiler,thats wot he recommended. Its 3 times the price but I,ll ask the customer.

Reply to tiling onto old tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen

tiling onto old tiles > Tiling Advice - Tilers Forums
Search the forum,

Discuss tiling onto old tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Andy the tiler

D

DHTiling

Personally , i would pull the old ones off first...

Also is there any exposed edges , if so you will see 2 thicknesses of tile..

A

Andy the tiler

no problems with exposed edges,she just wants them laid ontop.Do you think my quantities for adhesive and grout are enough,thanx

D

doug boardley

:yikes::yikes::yikes: deffo not pva, make sure existing tiles are degreased and spotlessly clean. I've never used the adhesive you mentioned so I can't comment, but 5kg of grout will be ample:thumbsup:

A

Andy the tiler

I think they are glazed.They are about 10 years old so nothing too modern or fancy. Also looked at evostick pourable thickbed from advise by another tiler,thats wot he recommended. Its 3 times the price but I,ll ask the customer.

Reply to tiling onto old tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen