Search the forum,

Discuss tiling onto damp concrete floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

annacarter

Our final job in a long renovation, is our kitchen - the concrete floor is damp and I am desparate to discover a way of tiling it without having to take up the concrete floor to lay damp proofing membrane unerneath a new layer of concrete... The concrete in the other downstairs room was only a thin layer over pannett tiles - the kitchen floor is sadly rather more solid. As our ceilings are already very low we can't add another layer of damp-proofed concrete over the existing one.
Please, someone, give me some good news!!

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You can use a dpm resin and skim over with 3mm slc (latex screed) and tile straight onto it. Ardex do a roll on dpm.:thumbsup:

A

annacarter

Thank you for so many quick responses!
The property is a small 1820s middle terrace.

I'm liking the sound of a dpm resin and latex skim. 6 or 7 mm height loss I can cope with!

Is there any particular mortar that should be used on top of the latex screed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thank you for so many quick responses!
The property is a small 1820s middle terrace.

I'm liking the sound of a dpm resin and latex skim. 6 or 7 mm height loss I can cope with!
(Excuse the stupid question, but are dpm resin and liquid the same?)

Is there any particular mortar that should be used on top of the latex screed?

The dpm resin, is a sticky gooey 2 part epoxy based liquid to be precise.:thumbsup

I would advise a single part flexi tile adhesive on top which will enable you to have stone, ceramic or porcelain tiles fixed.

Last edited:

Reply to tiling onto damp concrete floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen