Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on Floorboards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tilestiles

Hi Chaps. Got a bathroom floor to do tiling on floorboards. I understand it needs to be boarded out but customer doesnt want the height raising too much. Was thinking of using the hardibacker (6mm) boards but never used them before. Can anyone please give me some advice on how to fit. I believe they should be stuck and screwed at 150mm intervaks. the advice I am after is what adhesive to use to stick the boards?? Will SPF be OK?? Is it applied in dot and dab fashion when sticking these boards or combed on as you would do with a floor?? Anyadvice greatly appreciated.

A

ad tiling

if theres a topps near you get a leaflet on hardibacker , straight forward to cut and lay.

T

Tilestiles

Was thinking of going direct with Ardex 7001 after primimg but floorbirads are quite old and quite a bit of movement in them so not too sturdy. However, it is only a small area to be tiled of approx 3 square metres in total

W

wetdec

Screw the existing boards down till sound, lay 6mm ply over them nailing as you say 150 centres. Any reputable flexible. On that area no problem m8

tiler

G

GazTech

Screw the existing boards down till sound, lay 6mm ply over them nailing as you say 150 centres. Any reputable flexible. On that area no problem m8

tiler

If you prepare this way, Bal will only recommend Fastflex and wide joint grout with GT1 added. If you can get the boards stable, go directly with fastflex on such small area, but still add GT1 to your grout :thumbsup:......Gaz

B

bearwithme

tiles, if you use no more ply instead the stockist should have in the adhesive as well as screws. locally its, £10 per board, £5 box of screws and £8 for a tube of their adhesive.:thumbsup:

Reply to Tiling on Floorboards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen