Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling in a conservatory over existing tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

pt44

Hi

I'm just about to tile a conservatory. There are existing ceramic tiles on the floor - which are very sound. I am putting 45x45 porcelain tiles over the top of them. I was going to prepare by simply washing down with sugar soap to degrease. Then use Weber Rapid SPF as my addy.

Is this the way to go or have I missed something obvious out? I presume the SPF will stick to just about anything. Grout is flexible stuff as well.

Paul

A

Aston

i would give the tiles a really good roughing up to give the surface some grip :thumbsup:

you can use an attachment form tradetiler for your angle grinder, dave has the pic somewhere

ed

D

DHTiling

Hi.

A couple points to think about on this floor are

1: Your tiling will only be as sound as the previous tiling.
2: There will quite hot days in a room like that , so you have to be sure that your tiling will stay adhered, as you have the substrate expansion/contraction and then the first covering of tiles and then your new covering, which will all move at different rates.

This is an ideal job given the room conditions for an uncoupling membrane if you are deffo going over the old tiles.

Also a point to consider is if the tiles are glazed and not a matt finish then an S2 grde adhesive will be need for adhesion purposes.

And as you say a good clean with a degreaser will usually suffice.

Just a few points to consider before hand.

T

TrumpersUnited

Hi

I'm just about to tile a conservatory. There are existing ceramic tiles on the floor - which are very sound. I am putting 45x45 porcelain tiles over the top of them. I was going to prepare by simply washing down with sugar soap to degrease. Then use Weber Rapid SPF as my addy.

Is this the way to go or have I missed something obvious out? I presume the SPF will stick to just about anything. Grout is flexible stuff as well.

Paul

That's the way I would do it as well mate

Reply to Tiling in a conservatory over existing tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen