Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling disaster help in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Wow :oops:

Wayne Brown

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Wow is putting it mildly this chancer has ruined your careful prep work no other option but to remove the shoddy work and start again it should look more like this feel for you this is a harsh lesson to learn ☹️ . Regards Kop

Screenshot_20190428-024624_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20190428-024655_Photos.jpg

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
No wonder, that's cheap labour, an in and out job.
Customers often think they could get a good job for cheaper rate, but that's not the case, you always get what you pay for. You the customer have to wonder why so cheap, you paid that guy to hack your job. That is sad!

Sorry I don’t agree.

£800 is not cheap for 18sqm.

It’s a 3 day job start to finish, even supplying 4 bags of addy and grout he would still be looking around £230 a day labour.

Reaction score
Sorry I don’t agree.

It’s a 3 day job start to finish, even supplying 4 bags of addy and grout he would still be looking around £230 a day labour.
Clearly not
[automerge]1589184130[/automerge]
Sorry I don’t agree.

How long have you been tile for?
What kind of job can you deliver in 3 days work?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am not saying you cannot tile, everybody can tile. But you are a plumber then not a tiler or put it that way, you are a bathroom fitter. If you are a tiler then you should know the trade from head to toe including the price. Even though you can tile that does not make you a tiler and no offence to you or anyone else. Should I post some pictures of a real tiler 23 years in the trade? Grown some grey hair installing hectares of natural stone and ceramics.
The art of tile is complicated. Takes years, even decades of practice.

Last edited:

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Well clearly not everyone can tile ;)

D

Deleted member 54066

I'm with Boggs on this, this isn't a full stone job.
£800 is spot on in that area for a top class job in porcelain / ceramic.
You're being a knob detro with those comments.

Reaction score
I'm with Boggs on this, this isn't a full stone job.
£800 is spot on in that area for a top class job in porcelain / ceramic.
You're being a knob detro with those comments.
Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings
I cannot deliver a top notch job in 3 days. I can throw them tiles on the walls like no other and you get what you get
Don't know what your standards are but I have high standards when it comes to tile, no matter where you are located I would still charge my standard price
Like I have said, the art of tile is complicated

Last edited:

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Come on, lets not highjack this thread with arguing.
The point is OP has had a bad job done, by the looks of it it probably wasn’t the cheapest quote and wasn’t really underpriced, imho.

The standard he received is totally unacceptable and this will need to be redone in full, and is going to be costly.

As is always the case when getting work done, first hand reviews from friends, family and previous customers is essential to protect yourself from being ripped off, and a few written web reviews are really not enough.

Tough lesson learnt I think.

Reaction score
Come on, lets not highjack this thread with arguing.
The point is OP has had a bad job done, by the looks of it it probably wasn’t the cheapest quote and wasn’t really underpriced, imho.

The standard he received is totally unacceptable and this will need to be redone in full, and is going to be costly.

As is always the case when getting work done, first hand reviews from friends, family and previous customers is essential to protect yourself from being ripped off, and a few written web reviews are really not enough.

Tough lesson learnt I think.
Agree with you
Best way to hire is no upfront charges. Pay upon completion. If job does not meet the standards no pay. Simple as that
But all that comes to a price

Reply to Tiling disaster help in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock