Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling Damaged Paramount Wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fiesta14

Hi

I was hoping you guys could point me in the right direction.

I am currently overhauling my bathroom which is constructed using paramount partitions (cardboard matrix, sandwiched between two sheets of plasterboard and then skimmed) when I removed the old tiles from above the bath some areas of the skim came away and in one or two areas a chunk of the plasterboard (approx 3" x 3") has come away with the tile. I am now left with a wall which has exposed and torn plasterboard paper, some loose skim plaster and some intact plaster with paint on it and some small areas of damaged plasterboard. Because of the construction of the wall you can't replace the board so need to tile over what I have got.
  • Is there a product that could be painted on to the wall that would secure the torn paper and loose plaster prior to me tiling?
  • Because there is a shower over the bath do I need to seal the plasterboard with something to stop it getting wet?
This is my first attempt at tiling so any recommendations would be really appreciated.

Cheers

F

Fiesta14

Took some pictures this morning but only seem to be able to post up one, hope it is clear enough for you.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• PA022648.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 52
F

Fiesta14

Thanks for replying gents.

I intend to use 330x250 6mm tiles.

I did some research on the site before posting and found some said not to dot and dab, but if it is a possibility then I could do that if needed.

Cheers

Reply to Tiling Damaged Paramount Wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen