Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling around Door frames in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

serval

TF
Reaction score
What approach do you guys take when tiling a floor and you have the obstacle of a door frame?

If im doing a wood or laminate floor i usually undercut the frame and slide the floor under the frame.
Sometimes a bit tricky ig working towards the door.

What would you do when tiling a floor... Under cut or nibble the tile to suit the frame then grout the gap

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Cut the architraves. :) always cut the architraves

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Pop some spacers under an offcut of the floor tile and draw the line to cut on the frame. Bob's your uncle

B

Bill

Yeah and be careful of alarm wires as for some reason, they used to be hidden behind arcs.......

Reply to Tiling around Door frames in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen