Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling around door frame in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I would find out both. The more information the better so you can get your bit right from the start :grinning: it's those finishing bits around doors etc that make or break the finish of a job
I’m going by what they’ve used on the adjacent door which is 45mm wide architraves, plus the 5mm from the edge of the frame so I’ll leave a 50mm gap around the frame. I asked the owner of the house and she didn’t have a clue so I told her what I was doing and she said that’s fine.

James De

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I would’ve trowelled the wall up, and used more screws/washers. Washers need tanking too if in a shower:thumbsup:
Yeah I’ve tanked those and filled them with the ardex paste prior to painting it. I thought of trowelling the boards but thought the mechanical fixings would be ok.. now you’ve said that I don’t feel so confident ‍♂️

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What was the studwork spacing?

I think the recommended spacing is 300mm for 12mm boards of this type.

Could be wrong though.

W

Waluigi

You tank over the washers.

Screw wise, you have a 600mm Board with two fixing points at either end of the 600mm with no adhesive behind the board. Not very secure IMHO, especially with 6mm board.

Maybe it’s just me. I don’t do many overboarding jobs. I think the last time I did a wall I used HB, 6mm. Glued and screwed.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Copied from another thread about Jackoboard

JACKOBOARD® Plano construction boards can be fixed to timber or metal stud frames using JACKOBOARD® 36mm diameter galvanised steel washers and appropriate screws. If the frame centres are 600mm apart then boards of at least 20mm thick should be used. Fastening points must be arranged as per figure 3 or 4. If the frames are at 300mm centres then 10 or 12,5mm thick boards can be used. Fastening points must be arranged as per figure 5 or 6.

As the boards are over plasterboard in this case I don’t know if the same recommendations apply

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You tank over the washers.

Screw wise, you have a 600mm Board with two fixing points at either end of the 600mm with no adhesive behind the board. Not very secure IMHO, especially with 6mm board.

Maybe it’s just me. I don’t do many overboarding jobs. I think the last time I did a wall I used HB, 6mm. Glued and screwed.

Do you tend to rip out plasterboard and replace with hb etc

Reply to Tiling around door frame in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen